Reporting Line: to the President & Provost or President & Provost’s nominee.
Key Internal Relationships: Students, faculty, Enrolment, Marketing, Registry, and Parent Engagement.
Key External Relationships: Parents, partner institutions, suppliers of marketing collaterals, event materials and services, venues and hosts of events, etc.
Working Hours: Weekdays, evenings and some weekends.
The following qualifications are those typically expected of a Student Services Executive:
- Bachelor’s degree completed in English, experience of overseas education would be an advantage;
- Previous experience working in a student services, customer care, event organisation or similar role, would be an advantage;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, fluency in Bangladeshi, knowledge of additional languages would be advantageous, but is not essential;
- A record of exceptional organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively, to track tasks to completion, and ensure time targets are achieved;
- Sound communication skills and the ability to form rapport quickly with students and others;
- Demonstrated positive personal work ethic, initiative, motivation and a high level of discretion;
- Leadership skills and the ability to manage a team and collaborate with many stakeholders.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Student Services Executive (SSE) is responsible for establishing and developing a Student Services Department that ensures a positive and enriching student experience for all students throughout their time at the College. The SSE will oversee all aspects of student services, including managing student clubs, associations, societies, and alumni clubs. The SSE will work closely with academic faculty members to ensure appropriate guidance and support for student clubs. The SSE will also be responsible for Student Cohort and Council elections, organising Student Council meetings, providing pastoral counselling and support, identifying and assisting students at risk, and organising events and trips. The successful candidate will collaborate with various College departments and colleagues to foster a cohesive and engaging environment for students. This job description is not exhaustive and from time to time the post holder will be given other duties commensurate with the level of the post as may reasonably be assigned by the President & Provost(P&P) or Vice Chancellor’s nominee.
- In consultation with the P&P and other senior stakeholders develop a comprehensive vision, strategy, and operational framework for the Student Services Department, aligning it with the College’s mission and goals;
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring, and training of Student Services team members, building a culture of excellence, proactivity, and professional growth;
- Establish policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure efficient and effective service delivery.
Student Clubs & Associations
- Establish and oversee the management and coordination of student clubs, associations, and societies;
- Collaborate with faculty to identify and engage academic advisors for each club, ensuring where possible alignment between club activities, academic goals and the College’s mission;
- Provide administrative support and leadership to student clubs, including coordinating meetings, facilitating communication, and assisting with event planning;
- Develop constitutions and standard operating procedures for student clubs;
- Oversee the management of any club funds ensuring that financial transactions are transparent, above board, correctly recorded and reported.
Student Cohort Representatives & Student Council
- Manage and oversee the election processes for Student Cohort Representatives (SCRs) and members of the Student Council, ensuring transparency, fairness, and student participation;
- Ensure attendance of SCRs at relevant academic committees and other events;
- Co-ordinate regular meetings of the Student Council;
- Co-ordinate regular meetings between the Student Council and the senior management of the College to establish effective communication on behalf of students;
- Support Student Council initiatives and facilitate collaboration between the Student Council, relevant College departments and external organisations.
Pastoral Support & Case Management
- Oversee the activities of the student counsellor(s) to provide pastoral support, confidential guidance, referrals, and support to students;
- Implement initiatives and programmes to promote mental health, well-being, and resilience among students;
- Establish protocols and procedures to identify and support students who may be at risk due to personal, academic, social or other factors;
- Maintain a register of students at risk and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to provide appropriate interventions, referrals, and resources to support students at risk;
- Establish a Case Management Group to monitor students at risk, maintain accurate records and ensure compliance with any relevant privacy and confidentiality
Events, Visits & Trips
- In consultation with students, faculty and other stakeholders, organise a wide range of events, visits, and trips for students, both domestically and internationally, within allocated budgetary guidelines;
- Coordinate logistics, including transportation, accommodation, safety measures, and appropriate academic integration;
- Collaborate with faculty to provide experiential learning opportunities and promote students’ personal and professional
- Establish and nurture an Alumni Club(s) to engage and connect graduates with the College, fellow alumni and partner institutions;
- Develop strategies to enhance alumni involvement, including mentorship programs, career services, and networking, and organise initiatives and events to support these strategies;
- Collaborate with internal and external contacts to record and promote alumni achievements and maintain strong alumni
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this challenging role and if you have the above- mentioned criteria, please send your CV to [email protected] before 10 July 2023.