Key Internal Relationships: All Departments and colleagues across the College, the Board, and students.
Key External Relationships: Parents, partner institutions, scholarly, professional and accreditation bodies, commercial, governmental and non-profit organisations, etc.
Working Hours: Weekdays, evenings and some weekends as directed by the President & Provost
Typical Qualifications: The following qualifications are those typically expected of an Personal Assistant:
- Bachelor’s degree completed in English, experience of overseas education would be an advantage;
- Previous experience working as an Office Manager or supervisor, or as a Personal Assistant, or in a similar executive support role, experience working in a multinational or a domestic organisation dealing internationally would be an advantage;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, fluency in Bangladeshi, knowledge of additional languages would be advantageous, but is not essential;
- A record of exceptional organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively, to track tasks to completion, and ensure time and quality targets are achieved;
- Proven capacity to establish a professional rapport quickly with many different people, high level communication and interpersonal skills, and the authority to represent the President & Provost;
- Demonstrated positive personal work ethic, attention to detail, a high level of discretion, confidentiality, and integrity;
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Personal Assistant (PA) to the President & Provost will provide high-level administrative support and be responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of all aspects of the President & Provost’s Office. The PA will act as the P&P’s trusted representative, effectively managing and monitoring tasks and projects, coordinating and recording meetings, and maxmising the P&P’s capacity by optimising the use of time and resources. The PA will be proactive, conscientious, and will tackle administrative tasks efficiently and to the highest standards. The PA will represent the P&P in many different forums and will be capable of handling confidential and personal matters with professionalism and integrity. The role requires exceptional organizational skills, strong initiative, and the ability to navigate a complex working environment with emotional awareness, diplomacy and firmness when required. This job description is not exhaustive and from time to time the post holder will be given other duties commensurate with the level of the post as may reasonably be assigned by the P&P.
Administration, Planning & Analysis
- Manage the P&P’s diary, schedule appointments, make travel arrangements, and ensure that time and resources are used efficiently within the context of the College Annual Plan (CAP);
- Co-ordinate and contribute to the annual planning process, proactively anticipate and schedule activities for the P&P, monitor the progress of the CAP and advise on adjustments as necessary;
- Plan, arrange or oversee the arrangement of meetings, conferences, and other events for the P&P, including staffing, logistics, agendas, materials, etc;
- Analyse data and information, and conduct research to support decision-making
- Prepare and organise briefings, summaries, documents, reports, presentations, etc for the P&P;
- Handle incoming and outgoing calls and correspondence on behalf of the P&P, ensuring timely responses and follow-ups;
- Maintain confidential records and files, ensuring their accuracy and accessibility for the P&P.
Liaison & Communication
- Act as the primary point of contact between the P&PO and internal/external stakeholders;
- Communicate the P&P’s decisions, instructions, and requests to appropriate individuals or Departments within and outside the institution;
- Collaborate with colleagues and contacts to ensure that the P&P’s decisions are executed promptly, correctly and efficiently, and completed in a timely fashion;
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, on behalf of the P&P
- Liaise with government agencies, partner institutions, external organisations, etc to foster collaboration and partnerships;
Co-ordination & Representation
- Convene and attend meetings on behalf of the P&P, when necessary taking minutes, and provide summaries and action points;
- Represent the P&P in select forums, conveying the P&P’s views and directives
Task & Project Management
- Receive and process requests directed to the P&P, determining the appropriate course of action and routing or delegating as appropriate;
- Co-ordinate with internal and external parties to ensure tasks assigned by the P&P are executed promptly, accurately, efficiently and on time;
- Assist the P&P in planning and managing special projects, initiatives, events, etc;
- Monitor progress on assigned tasks, following up to ensure timely completion, and providing status updates to the P&P;
- Assist the P&P in handling urgent or crisis situations, coordinating appropriate responses and communicating with relevant parties;
- Maintain preparedness for emergency scenarios and provide support as
Fiduciary & Financial Management
- Handle sensitive information, data and personal matters with the utmost confidentiality and discretion;
- Maintain accurate records of P&PO all activities;
- Assist in managing the P&PO’s budget, tracking expenses, processing financial transactions, ensuring adherence to financial policies, and keeping accurate records of all transactions.
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this challenging role and if you have the above- mentioned criteria, please send your CV to [email protected] before 10 July 2023.