Take your academic career to the next level by working with the University of London, UK in Bangladesh.
Universal College Bangladesh is the first higher education institution in Bangladesh to be granted permission by the Ministry of Education to deliver international university programmes from Australia and the UK, including degrees from the University of London under the academic direction of the London School of Economics. To support our continued growth, we are seeking full and part-time Assistant and Associate Professors of the highest calibre to join our teams delivering international programmes in Dhaka. We have vacancies in the Faculties of Business & Accounting, Economics & Finance, and Mathematics & Statistics.
UCB offers you an unique opportunity to improve your teaching and research skills in collaboration with our international partner universities. Through our continuing professional development programme you will learn how to teach, assess and conduct research to the highest global standards. You will be able to work with colleagues at our international university partners and may have the opportunity to take part in staff exchanges, joint research projects and international grant applications. As UCB continues to grow there will also be opportunities for you to grow your career as an academic, researcher and practitioner. You will also enjoy a very competitive salary package and other benefits commensurate with working at a world class higher educational institution.
We are looking for highly motivated and dedicated individuals who meet the following criteria:
- PhD in your area of specialization;
- A passion to deliver high quality research-led teaching in your area of expertise with an unwavering commitment to student success and ensuring an excellent student experience;
- The capacity to establish solid relationships with students, parents and colleagues, and to be actively involved in every aspect of the student journey from first enquiry through to graduation;
- Evidence of teaching excellence and the capacity to provide high level student support, ideally proven with student feedback or similar data;
- Experience of leadership in academic administration, management and governance, through working as a programme or subject leader and serving on academic committees;
- A record of pursuing scholarly and research activities to ensure your discipline knowledge, teaching expertise and research profile are of the highest standards;
- A positive personal work ethic, solid organisational and time management skills, the capacity to tackle multiple responsibilities, prioritise important tasks, and to deliver on time.
If this sounds like you and you want to take your career to the next level send us your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] telling us about your teaching experience, research interests, and why you would like to join Universal College Bangladesh. Informal enquiries can be made to our Academic Dean, Professor Muhammad Ismail Hossain by contacting at [email protected]